November 24, 2014

Israel & Me pt 2: the synthesis

It's not like I have any sympathy with the right: I hate them just as much as you do. Those things I wrote about Netanyahu and Lieberman in one of my "anti-zionist" articles, I still feel like that about them.

It's not like I indulge in long distance nationalism on facebook or anywhere else: I know how much I hate Hungarian Americans doing all that shit, so I don't do any of that shit as a Jewish Hungarian. That being said, coming to terms with my Jewish nationalism has made me feel a lot more empathy with the patriotic feelings of many Hungarians and other Goyim.

It's not like I don't know about the lefty roots of Zionism. I know it and I'm proud of it!

It's not like I can't see the enormous human and material cost of the occupation having something to do with the obnixiously high cost of living in larger cities. I'm a very ardent supporter of the 2011 social justice protests and I wish those far-right idiots helping the police disperse them only the worst.

It's not like I don't know that the majority of Holocaust survivors live below the poverty line.

It's not like I believe that peace can be achieved by saying "Palestine is Jordan!" as a mantra.

It's not like I don't know that the most popular name given to baby boys is in fact Mohamed.

It's not like I blame those young and smart ashkenazi hipsters leaving the country in droves, just like here in Hungary. I blame the right wing for every single Jewish soul they managed to exile with their permanent reactionary shitstorm.

It's not like I condone the outrageous practice of the Shin Bet blackmailing gay Arabs into collaboration with the "intel" they are still getting from the NSA.

I know all this shit, but still I'm a Zionist cuz that's just how I feel.

No comments: